During the Wedding Cake consultation you will get to sample all of my core cakes, and once you have tried them all we will then start to create your cake. (Make sure you are a little bit hungry – there are lots to try!!)
My core flavours are –
- A traditional Madeira Cake, with raspberry jam & vanilla buttercream filling
- Delicious Carrot & Walnut Cake with either almond or vanilla buttercream filling
- Tangy Lemon Drizzle Cake with lemon curd & lemon buttercream filling
- Indulgent Chocolate Fudge Cake with chocolate buttercream filling
- Exquisite Red Velvet Cake with vanilla buttercream filling
- My take on the delicious “Bakewell Tart” with raspberry jam and almond buttercream filling
- Scrumptious Caramel Cake with chocolate & salted caramel buttercream filling
- Extravagent Strawberry & Champagne Cake with strawberry jam and Champagne buttercream
- A boozy Rich Fruit Cake, made with Brandy
- Delicious Light Fruit Cake
All sponge cakes have a buttercream crumbcoat beneath the icing, with deep tiered cakes finished with a luxurious chocolate ganache crumbcoat for extra richness.
Both Fruit Cakes have a marzipan crumbcoat.
Of course, if you have a personal favourite, let me know.
All served with either tea or coffee, what could be better!!
Once you have sampled the cakes, we will then discuss your colour scheme and wedding theme, plus how many guests you are catering for – or whether you want a stunning statement cake. I am happy to take inspiration from ideas you have seen, and I also have lots of Wedding Cake magazines you can peruse to see if other ideas catch your eye, which we will then personalise to ensure your cake is truly bespoke.
Once we have a few ideas we will start to design your perfect Wedding Cake. First we will look at size, depth and shape of your cake; once you have decided this you then choose your flavours (this can be the most difficult bit, as they are all delicious, and whittling them down takes some time!!) Next we will develop your bespoke design. When we have finished this process, you will be amazed and delighted with the cake we have created – I promise!
After the consultation I will then work on the detail and email you a quote within a couple of hours. All it then takes to reserve your date is a £100 deposit, with the balance due one month before your wedding date.
Once your date is booked and your deposit paid, the price is set – no matter how far off your wedding may be, so you can rest assured this element of your budget will not increase (unless you change the design of course, which will require re-costing).
I will then also send you a copy of my Terms & Conditions – an example is available here – so you know your order is confirmed.
My consultations are free of charge and no-obligation – all I ask is that once you receive your quote you let me have your decision within a week, as I provisionally reserve your date when you come for your consultation.
Due to Covid19 restrictions, I am currently only able to accommodate two people.